Asparagus pot uses

I was wondering if anyone has come up with any clever alternative uses for an asparagus pot-- the small tall pots with a mesh insert? Thank you

Mr_Vittles
Mr_Vittles June 2, 2013

(Fresh) Pastas, Immersion blender Mayo, & Fryer (for small quantities).

Amanda Hesser June 2, 2013

Also, for processing small batches of pickles and jams.

Pegeen June 2, 2013

Could be a nice vase for larger branches from spring-flowering shrubs and trees. For flowers, if the stems aren't tall enough, fill the pot with marbles or rocks to raise the bottom.

Pegeen June 2, 2013

If it's taking up room in a cabinet, you could use it on the counter, or hang it on the wall, to hold utensils.

mrslarkin June 3, 2013

i use it as a vase for long-stemmed flowers.

healthierkitchen
healthierkitchen June 3, 2013

In winter it works for hot cocoa and to heat stock for risotto. I find it comes in handy just as an extra pot if I've got big pots on the front burners.

Raquelita
Raquelita June 3, 2013

I have a pot known as a fourth burner pot aka asparagus pot (not an asparagus pot used occasionally as a 4th burner pot). Since I have a tiny stove, I use it all.the.time for steaming any vegetables, making pasta, anything involving little stirring and some boiling...even just heating a lot of water or stock for another dish.

wutsfasupa
wutsfasupa May 28, 2014

Best ever for cooking rice -- no risk of boil overs!

Mary Anne
Mary Anne May 28, 2014

Does anyone have a recommendation for a brand of asparagus pot? I have seen the Double-clad pot and one from Pfaltzgraff that is steel with porcelain that is very handsome.

gwen soto
gwen soto May 28, 2014

I use mine all the time for making small batches of stock from leftover bones and veggies. I put everything into the insert, cover with water, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for a couple of hours. When done just pull out insert with everything still in it and discard all the bits and pieces. It couldn't be simpler, and the whole thing fits into a small dishwasher (even the drawer) with ease. Makes about 1 quart.