🔕 🔔

Help!! Once you make "broth" with a chicken bouillon cube does it need to be refrigerated? I threw some asparagus, water a cube in a pot yesterday and once it came to a boil I shut it off and left it on the stove to make cream of asparagus soup - but I forgot about it overnight - can I re-boil and make the soup today or do you think I might make my family sick since it was not refrigerated? Thanks in advance for advice!

asked by Momms over 6 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I would toss it and start over - not worth risking and it was out a pretty long time ... I think long enough for something buggy to grow. Boiling would PROBABLY be safe, but why risk it?

DARN! That's what I thought, was hoping all that salt in the bouillon would "preserve" it. I was craving it and I have no more asparagus ;-( thanks for the reply.

Just an FYI for those interested. I just called Hormel Foods (the brand of cube I used) - they said throw it out - cannot be left out more than a hour just like fresh chicken broth. Bummer but good to know for the future.

stock is pretty similar to what they culture germs on...I'd toss it.

80cc9648 9cfe 4049 92f3 f6fef0f3a439  fb avatar

raising the question - why would one ever used cubes?!