🔕 🔔

Best slow cooker pot roast recipe? I have friends to impress!

asked by michellemybell over 4 years ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

You can never go wrong with a Genius Recipe! http://food52.com/blog...

This is my own version of red braised pork, adapted specifically for the slow cooker http://food52.com/recipes...

Ok...this is not my normal way of cooking, but the recipe seems to produce my favorite pot roast. Apologies if you aren't into mixes and packets of seasonings. Here goes:

For a 3-4lb chuck roast: place roast in slow cooker. Mix together 1 packet of Italian salad dressing mix, 1 packet of ranch dressing mix, and 1 packet of brown gravy mix. Sprinkle the dry mixture over the roast. Pour 1/2 cup of water around the roast. Cook on low for about 6-8 hours. I would start checking for doneness at around 5 hours since slow cookers can vary alot and an overdone pot roast is inedible. This makes very good gravy that I like to pour over mashed potatoes or noodles.