How to correct for too much liquid in baking?

I am baking a lemon yogurt cake which has lemon zest in the batter and lemon juice in the syrup on top. In a rush, I accidentally put 1/3 cup lemon juice in with the wet ingredients. Can I adjust the amount of flour, baking powder and salt to correct for this? The ratio?

asked by Mammadiella about 5 years ago

How much liquid did the recipe call for in the first place? The most important adjustment will be to add baking soda to neutralize the acid; go ahead and add a scant half teaspoon. You don't need to add any more baking powder, but about 1/4 cup of flour would be a good idea. Sift it into the mixture along with the baking soda.