🔕 🔔

having a dinner party and need some help with sides

i'm grilling skirt steak, chicken and salmon. so far, my sides are a charred corn salad (w/tomatoes and basil) and grilled vegetables. reco for the third? was thinking a galette? or should i do a rice/couscous dish? thanks!

asked by lcast over 4 years ago

Dcca139f 78d5 41a3 b57b 6d6c96424a1c  img 7818

How about lightly grilling some good bread? It'd be simple and good with the rest of your menu. I like to brush each side with olive oil, finely chopped rosemary or thyme and lemon zest. A savory galette sounds lovely too, if you have the time. Have fun!

As you are grilling already, you could possibly make bruschette (please note it's not pronounced "Broo-shetta"!). Great with a chicken liver spread but possibly you could deploy your corn salad directly on the bruschetta as the delivery system. FYI I'm messing around with a grilled corn salad myself this evening. Tabbouleh would also go well with your grill menu---keep it green with lots of parsley and mint.

I would definitely lean towards something starchy for those that require that as part of their meal. Rice/couscous would be good, I always lean towards something that can be made ahead. Perhaps a vinegar based potato salad (for the anti-mayo crowd), rice or couscous salad, or a quinoa salad... Quinoa tabbouleh with diced cucumbers is always a hit at my house.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

check out the sweet rice featured on the front page today - it looks amazing! I also love pauljoseph's tomato rice. The nice thing is either one could be cooked an hour or so in advance and be OK hanging out

6f611b78 35b4 4186 89ad c38b035b32f3  08270410avatar messbrasil

How about a cauliflower purée?I love the combination between corn and cauliflower,and I think that it's "creaminess" would balance your meal in therms of texture.

how about a couple small cheese filled raviolis in a sage brown butter sauce per plate. simple and light.