A question about a recipe: strawberry pot pies with sugar cookie lid

F3c5a594 c860 4601 9272 1b0a001f55e6  strawberry pot pie 21

I have a question about the recipe "strawberry pot pies with sugar cookie lid" from Mandy @ Lady and pups. is there a possible substitute for the creme fraiche?

asked by adele93 about 5 years ago

Lindsay-Jean is a Community Editor at Food52.

The most common substitutes are full fat Greek yogurt or sour cream - I prefer the yogurt route for its thickness. Or you can always make your own crème fraîche with heavy cream and buttermilk: http://food52.com/blog...

adele93

Would sour cream work with pears?

Sour cream works with any fruit. I make a to-die-for (I'm not prone to hyperboles) fruit dip with 1 part sugar to 3 or 4 parts sour cream, depending on how sweet you want it. Optional: a drop or two vanilla extract. Just mix it all up and serve with a plate of fresh fruit.

ellenl

Vt. Butter and Cheese's fat-free fromage blanc is delicious and a great sub.

Mascarpone could also be used, although it has a bit of sweetness.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

If you mix mascarpone with sour cream, you should arrive to similar taste and consistency.