I'm really into flavored butters.

I was thinking of making a butter with sweet chili sauce, lime zest/juice, roasted garlic, thai basil butter to compliment a grilled corn. Any opinions?

asked by James Durazzo over 5 years ago

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Good thinking. Personally I would skip garlic.

dymnyno

Sounds delicious! Sort of like Mexican street corn with an Asian twist.

James Durazzo

I wasn't sure about adding roasted garlic, don't think it's necessary.

petitbleu

I don't know. As someone who is really into roasted garlic (probably the way you're into flavored butters), I think you should add some. Also, when's dinner?

savorthis

My husband makes a sauce for crab and grilled corn by slowly simmering garlic in a simple syrup. He then blends the garlic with melted butter, a hint of mirin and cream and fresh cilantro. The sweetness of that garlic would be great with the other ingredients you list. Makes me wish the Olathe corn was ready already!

Declan

Sounds good. Try adding some chili flakes or Sambal Olek (in moderation), and maple syrup

How do you plan to cook the corn ? That's s factor

nasilemak

I would personally keep the flavored butter simple - just incorporate 1 or 2 ingredients. And offer a small selection of them if you like!