What's the best way to grill corn on the cob?

Soaked or unsoaked? Husked or unhusked? Buttered or not buttered?

asked by RebeccaCooks over 7 years ago

I like it husked so the kernels get some caramelization. And I'd butter or oil it.

If you grill it in the husk, be sure to the corn in husk in water for at least 15 minutes, and then just grill while turning evenly until the husk is black. I like it Amanda's way and in the husk also. Also like it husked, buttered and seasoned and wrapped in tin foil - put on grill for about 10 minutes and when it starts sizzling, turn them over for another 5 minutes. You really can't go wrong with good corn!

davidpdx

We husk the corn; slather with a mixture of softened butter, lime zest, and cayenne; roll the cob up in foil; and grill for 20 minutes or so, rotating every five minutes for even cooking. Great flavors and good carmelization.

Here is a beautiful recipe from thirschfeld: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

If I'm going to serving it, I'd do it exactly as he does. If I'm grilling it to strip the kernels for another use, I rub with corn or canola oil. In the final analysis, Amanda suggestion to grill husked for caramelization is perfect.

RebeccaCooks

Thanks everyone! I husked and buttered it, and it turned out great!

So glad to hear it -- thanks for reporting back!