🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: IPA-Battered Fish and Chips

Fe9ce49f 26ee 470c 84ca bd368a9dd6e5  fishandchipsfinished

I have a question about the recipe "IPA-Battered Fish and Chips" from tideandthyme. How do I make tarter sauce

asked by Banana#5 over 4 years ago

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

I'm originally from Seattle and therefore I'm sorta picky about my tartar sauce. That said, I really like this version http://food52.com/recipes...

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Start with the base.

Mayo, salt, pepper, a few drops of juice and chopped pickles; which can be sweet relish, or I prefer dill relish or small cubes of a dill pickle and a dash of pickle juice.

From there you can build with creative elements like chopped dill. Capers..etc.

Well, for the record, here's the best tasting one I've ever eaten:

Tartar Sauce

This recipe was part of my first-ever cooking class in France. We learned to make Deep-Fried Goujonettes of Sole and this Tartar Sauce! Who’d’ve thought I’d go to France to learn to make Tartar Sauce? This, however, will change your mind about all the lousy, sweet bottled sauces you’ve ever eaten. As you can see, it’s very easy… and worth the few extra minutes it takes!

makes 2 1/2 cups of sauce

Basic Mayonnaise recipe
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 small shallot, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1 tablespoon chopped capers
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chopped chervil

Into the basic mayonnaise, carefully stir the chopped hard-boiled eggs and the other ingredients. Allow to rest, refrigerated, for two (or so) hours before serving.