🔕 🔔

i need to make a (preferably simple, cheapish) meal for 10-12 people who don't like anything too cheesy, greasy, or spicy. there also needs to be a vegetarian option, so the whole thing could be vegetarian. ideas?

asked by melizza about 7 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Are you looking for a one-pot dish? Meat or fish? Give us some more details and will try to help.

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

How about a butternut squash or mushroom risotto using veg stock?

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I've made this, and it's really tasty. http://www.epicurious.com...

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

I'm with merrill on the risotto. This is a great, very simple recipe that you can make as is, or add veggies: http://www.epicurious.com.... I've left most of the Parmesan out of this dish before and served some on the side so it can be sprinkled on.

When I'm serving people who like things pretty simple, but elegant, I'll serve that risotto with these beans on the side (you can make it with canned beans and cut out most of the time): http://www.cookingwithpatty...

I make it more colorful with one more simple dish: oven-roasted broccoli. In an oven safe skillet, drizzle olive oil and toss in broccoli florets and about 2 cloves minced garlic. Drizzle over with a dash more olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Broil on hi about 10-15min, until broccoli is bright green. Immediately after taking it from the oven, splash with about 1 tsp fresh lemon juice.

445e20c3 ae7c 4384 a5f7 c63a3b70db4d  img 2825

Risotto is always my go to dish. also can do something Italian like eggplant Parmesan or a few quiches or frittatas and a big salad.

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I think this is a great recipe--you could serve the goat cheese on the side.

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

A fritatta is always nice--I love making them because no recipe is required, you can use whatever you have in the refrigerator or pantry and it doesn't have to be served hot.

I'm with phyllis about the eggplant or zucchini parmesan, too.