Weck Jars, help!

I canned 6 jars of jam last night, two in weck jars and four with ball jars. The ball jars sealed beautifully, the weck jars did not. I processed them together in a water bath for 10 minutes. Before I reprocess the weck jars, is there anything I can do to guarantee a seal? Change the rubber? Anything? This is the first time I've used weck jars

asked by Sweets about 5 years ago

prandial

http://foodinjars.com/2011/03/canning-101-how-to-can-using-weck-jars-giveaway/
Marisa McClellan has a great blog on canning, and a "101" sheet on Wecks -- I hope this helps with your jam!

Winifred Ryan

I've found Weck jars a bit touchier than Ball's for seals, too. I found I needed a smidge more headspace, personally, so you might want to take a little jam from the jar and eat it on toast while the remaining jam is in the waterbath. Not being a smart aleck here, just noticing the same issues. Good luck!

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris