🔕 🔔

Weck Jars, help!

I canned 6 jars of jam last night, two in weck jars and four with ball jars. The ball jars sealed beautifully, the weck jars did not. I processed them together in a water bath for 10 minutes. Before I reprocess the weck jars, is there anything I can do to guarantee a seal? Change the rubber? Anything? This is the first time I've used weck jars

asked by Sweets over 4 years ago

http://foodinjars.com/2011...
Marisa McClellan has a great blog on canning, and a "101" sheet on Wecks -- I hope this helps with your jam!

1715f325 9d38 4557 9eb9 378a8c40de40  open uri20130601 14429 kkgmfn

I've found Weck jars a bit touchier than Ball's for seals, too. I found I needed a smidge more headspace, personally, so you might want to take a little jam from the jar and eat it on toast while the remaining jam is in the waterbath. Not being a smart aleck here, just noticing the same issues. Good luck!