🔕 🔔

Best Mugs for Avoiding Tea/Coffee Stains

Hi Everyone!

I am in the market for new mugs/tea cups. I like a porcelain set but in the past they stained very quickly from tea/coffee and were hell to clean! Any advice on a great brand or material of mugs that will be long-lasting and not stain so much?

Thanks!

asked by 1tsplove over 4 years ago

How about clear thick-ish glass? I use one for tea (two cups a day) and no stains! Ikea carries them. Bodum has nice double-walled coffee mugs if you are feeling more fancy!

Hard water can be a culprit. I noticed less staining of coffee and tea implements when I switched to filtered water.

A little bit of bleach will remove the stain easily. Just wash the cup,well afterwards.

F1b7f445 a040 45c3 a571 cbf721164c56  water lilies

I've had good luck with pottery ones. With some looking, you can find ones that look "more delicate" rather than "more homey", if that's your style preference. Just make sure it is made with a food-safe glaze.

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

Of course, you could always go for black! ;-)

Soak them in denture tablets !