How to add texture to pimento cheese dip?

I love pimento cheese dip and crackers but I sometimes find it too smooth and boring. Looking for creative ways to add texture and taste. I've tried chopped and toasted pecans with some success. Any other ideas?
Thanks!

asked by Patrick Gregory about 5 years ago

I like to add chopped scallions and a little chopped red bell pepper. Not too finely.

Dave on the grill

If you like a little spice, de-seed a jalapeño or 2 and dice it up. Or, crisp some bacon and dice that.

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Hang on until Eugenia Bone's cookbook, The Kitchen Ecosystem, comes out next year. She's got a to-die-for recipe for making your own pimento cheese!

RespectThePastry

I second the scallions and peppers and you could also add chopped celery, radish, cilantro stalks, carrots, really any veggie diced really well would add texture and flavor!

RespectThePastry

Oo what about capers or olives? Just a thought...