🔕 🔔

Can I make coconut cream pie the day before I'll serve it?

I'll be working the day I have people over for dinner. It would help me if I could make the coconut cream pie the day before. Will it weep and get soggy? Should I find another dessert?

asked by KarenO about 4 years ago

No you totally can. If anything make sure the crust is thoroughly cooked maybe a little more than usual. But premaking should be fine

Thank you, Bill F. I'm so appreciative of your timely response and tips.

No, it won't weep. To prevent moisture from condensing on the surface of the filling, and also to prevent a skin from forming, press a sheet of plastic wrap directly onto it. Obviously, you'll make your topping (I love piles of whipped cream) just before serving.

Many many thanks, Cynthia. I'm so appreciative of your response and your tips.