Milk substitute in crockpot oatmeal apple breakfast cobbler thing?

35c7f231 11be 42d9 8089 f53a426852cc  107826 milk substitute in crockpot oatmeal apple breakfast cobbler thing

Recipe: cook for 8-9 hours on low: Place 2 sliced apples, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, pinch salt in the bottom of the crock pot. Pour in 2 cups of oatmeal, 2 cups of milk and 2 cups water.

Given that I only have one cup of milk, what should I substitute for the other cup of milk? I have water, eggs, and yogurt. I don't think yogurt would be good simmering for a long time in the crockpot (it might curdle). I was thinking water and eggs, but I was not sure of the ratio. Thanks!

asked by Kim,Slawson about 5 years ago

David

I wouldn't add eggs. I would just add another cup of water. Is anyone coming by your house in the next 9 hours or will you need to go out or do you have a friendly neighbor. You could start it minus the extra cup of milk and add that later on.

Kim,Slawson

I also have butter. That might make it too oily though.

David

heavy cream is really the only substitute that makes sense. Start without any substitute and check on it every hour or so. If it looks dry add water a spoonful at a time. In the morning when it has cooled to slightly warmer than room temp you could then add some yogurt in for extra richness.

Do you have any canned evaporated or condensed milk?

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris