What's a good liquid to add? I'm making crock pot pork chops with some sliced apples.

I dont want to add water or apple juice... Some of my other ingredients are onions and brown sugar. What liquid might be a tasty addition?

asked by missnewjersey about 6 years ago

lorigoldsby

You could try a nice German beer, sour kraut ( with the liquid) or apple cider. Most canned/boxed broths are just flavored salt water...

Reiney
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Calvados / apple brandy, chicken stock, white wine, apricot nectar, plums or pears, mustard

Ian Morrison

Just add some chicken stock and let the pork chops and calvados shine.

Am I the only one here that really hates crock pot stuff. To me they just suck all the texture and flavor out of chicken and pork chops. Also crock pots destroy B vitamins.

But I'd go with the suggestion of sauerkraut..some caraway seeds would be nice with that.

missnewjersey

I'll be baking cookies most of the day, so I've decided to sacrifice my B vitamins for convenience. I agree that it doesn't always produce the juiciest pork, but this is what's easiest for the particular day. I love pork and sauerkraut, but I want to go a different route. Great suggestions so far though!

Some good rye bread and soft butter would be a good addition to the meal for rye bread. For rye bread I use a local bakery..I can never really get rye bread down at home.