How long can I keep egg whites in the fridge?

asked by ykat almost 8 years ago

TheWimpyVegetarian

You should be able to keep them in the fridge for about a month, but keep in mind that fresh egg whites are more stable and will give you more volume if you plan to whip them up into a meringue. And don't forget to mark the date on the container - I've done that so many times - I'm just sure I'll remember how long they've been in there. I keep mine at the back of the frig where it's coldest. If you need to keep them longer, you can freeze egg whites in ice cube trays and unmold into a ziplok freezer bag. They'll keep in the freezer for about 6 months.

Jim S

Seven days, especially if they will not get further cooking. Further cooking being to 145 degrees Farenheit. Freezer the time is based on quality.