Our NYC Holiday Market is open—this weekend only! Come see us »
🔕 🔔

storing squash blossoms

Bought some gorgeous squash blossoms at the farmers market today, but won't have a chance to use them for a couple of days. How do I store them until then? Right now they're sitting in a little bit of water in the fridge, but I'm not sure that's how I ought to be treating them.

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

asked about 3 years ago
3fcb6119 3819 4657 aa7a 7954fcb442f4  ask chef siliv copy

Hi Diana. I just joined this site and saw your Q. Wrap individually (they're delicate) in moist paper towels and store flat in a zip lock bag or in a baking dish wrapped in plastic.

0e5c2b73 3f18 46e4 95c9 cbc8af359f65  sadie crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Thanks, Silvia, and welcome to Food52! I can see you're going to be a great addition here.

You're so welcome Diana. Glad I could help. I'll be adding a recipe on a Stuffed Zucchini blossom tempura salad as one of my first recipes. I'll try to add soon so if you like it you can use your blossoms. So looking forward to adding my recipes (and collecting others). As a pro chef, teacher and writer, I have a ton.