Red Curry Squash

I got this squash at the farmers market and was wondering how to cook it. Recently we ate squash that was cooked/flavored the Afghani way. Thx

asked by Rinchen about 5 years ago

Oooo, you got a lovely winter squash. The French also call it "potimarron". It's wonderful in Thai style curries. http://shesimmers.com/2013/09/best-pumpkins-use-thai-cooking.html

Also, for a non-Asian 'recipe': slice up the squash (I don't think you even have to peel it), toss with some oil and sprinkle with salt and fresh black pepper, roast until tender and almost caramelized. You can also add fresh chopped herbs like thyme, rosemary, oregano. Makes a wonderful side dish for roasted chicken or meat.