🔕 🔔

Lavender ice cream

They have really awesome lavender ice cream/ yogurt at a shop where I live any way I could recreate this I have culinary lavender already any other ingredients?

asked by Catherine almost 4 years ago

I would make a vanilla ice cream base and experiment with the lavender component.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Every lavender ice cream recipe I have also includes honey, so you might want to think about that.

If you're interested in getting a book, I recommend David Lebovitz's book, The Perfect Scoop. It includes a recipe for lavender-honey ice cream.

And here's an on-line recipe from Leite's Culinaria, http://leitesculinaria...

Just be extremely cautious about the amount of lavender you use. Your ice cream can easily wind up tasting like soap or hand lotion.
Personally, I would steep the lavender in the cream and strain it. That, or pound it into (or grind it) a fine powder.

Walnuts would be good in there, too.