Where to eat in Asheville?

I am going to Asheville, NC in a week for a wedding, and I was hoping to get some local advice on the tastiest places to eat. Restaurants, markets, specialty shops, what have you. We are going down on Wednesday night, so we will have a few dinners and lunches open before the wedding over the weekend. Thanks!

asked by Cristina Sciarra about 5 years ago

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

I like the Early Girl Eatery downtown (http://www.exploreasheville.com/listings/Early-Girl-Eatery/435/default/) and the Tupelo Honey Cafe (great cookbook, too!).

usuba dashi

12 Bones - very creative BBQ

Tomato Jam Cafe on Biltmore (not fancy)
http://www.tomatojamcafe.com

ATL
ATL

Agree about Tupelo Honey and Tomatoes. The downtown Tupelo is better than the one farther from downtown on Hendersonville Road. Tomatoes has enormous portions. Never have seen biscuits--a specialty--so huge.

ATL
ATL

Meant Tomato Jam not Tomatoes--sorry!

Midge

Rhubarb, from the former chef at Blackberry Farm, John Fleer, is supposed to be open by now. The WNC farmer's market (pretty sure it's daily) is fun to check out.

Midge

Also, Afar did a nice story on Asheville not too long ago. Here's the online version: http://www.afar.com/north-america/asheville-north-carolina-united-states/guide