A question about a recipe: Carrot, Sweet Potato, and Red Lentil Soup with Moroccan Flavors

I have a question about the recipe "Carrot, Sweet Potato, and Red Lentil Soup with Moroccan Flavors" from Burnt Offerings. If I have harissa, but not in paste form, how would I adjust the measurement to approximate the same amount of flavor (without affecting texture)?

• Posted by: Kate
  • October 10, 2013

pierino October 10, 2013

As it's a soup it shouldn't matter much. Just taste it until you think it's right. Harissa is available in tube form http://search.culinarydistrict.com/search?view=grid&w=harissa&x=35&y=5 from Surfas. It's cheap but you might want to shop for some other stuff to offset the shipping costs.

Burnt Offerings
Burnt Offerings October 14, 2013

The texture won't be affected. Harissa paste, no matter how potent, will on;y be used ib a matter of teaspoons to tablespoons here. Never enough to affect your texture.