A question about a recipe: Carrot, Sweet Potato, and Red Lentil Soup with Moroccan Flavors

67a1ef9a c155 4042 be4b c00678dc2a1a  2013 1008 finalist carrot sweet potato red lentil soup 205

I have a question about the recipe "Carrot, Sweet Potato, and Red Lentil Soup with Moroccan Flavors" from Burnt Offerings. If I have harissa, but not in paste form, how would I adjust the measurement to approximate the same amount of flavor (without affecting texture)?

asked by Kate almost 5 years ago

As it's a soup it shouldn't matter much. Just taste it until you think it's right. Harissa is available in tube form http://search.culinarydistrict... from Surfas. It's cheap but you might want to shop for some other stuff to offset the shipping costs.

Burnt Offerings

The texture won't be affected. Harissa paste, no matter how potent, will on;y be used ib a matter of teaspoons to tablespoons here. Never enough to affect your texture.