🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Spanish Roasted Potato Salad

Fa1850f4 7094 4082 929e 3e73fd848016  2017 0828 potatoes white spanish hero bobbi lin 5144

I have a question about the recipe "Spanish Roasted Potato Salad" from MySocialChef. We ate this all summer long and I would like a way to take it into the fall and winter. Do you suppose you could add the mayonnaise dressing while the potatoes are still hot or at least warm. Thanks, nt

asked by ntt2 about 4 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

I think it would work if the potatoes were warm but not hot. I have found that adding mayo to hot potatoes liquifies the mayo and changes the way a sauce should be

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

This salad is essentially a riff on Patatas Bravas, an extremely popular type of tapas, which (in my experience) is always served hot, or at least warm, with an aioli drizzled on top, or sometimes alongside. (Sometimes a tomato sauce too.) So, I don't see why you couldn't simply drizzle the aioli over the potatoes out of the oven.