Meal to go with pretzels and beer cheese?

Making a casual dinner - starting with homemade pretzels and beer cheese. Ideas for other starters and entree?

• Posted by: KBDalen
  • October 26, 2013

RespectThePastry
RespectThePastry October 26, 2013

Well you could stick with the pretzels and beer theme and then make some kielbasa or sausage and top them with sauteed onions and peppers and then maybe have a side salad or better yet serve the meat on top of a bed of arugula or spinach. Or you could go the fall route and make a salad with roasted acorn squash, maybe some feta or cotija cheese and like pomegranate seeds sprinkled on top and you could slice up some chicken to beef it up...hope this helps :D

sexyLAMBCHOPx October 26, 2013

Some type of Schnitzel with mashed potatoes and a warm red cabbage slaw might go well. Beef Stew? Mixed Greens with pears and fig balsamic vinaigrette.

HinOh
HinOh October 29, 2013

First thing that comes to mind is pork and saurkraut with mashed potatoes; or pork roast with carrots and potatoes; sausages with warm German potato salad (can you tell I like potatoes?!).