🔕 🔔

Does anybody have a good recipe for panna cotta?
Help please

asked by olechicos1 over 7 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

http://www.epicurious.com...
I like to use vanilla bean in place of the extract. Scrape the seeds from 1/2 a vanilla pod, and heat the seed and pod in with the cream mixture.

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

I'm sure the recipe quoted will work fine. It's pretty simple stuff. When you get comfortable with it perhaps try experimenting with flavors other than just vanilla.

thanks i tryed to make panna cota but it would not turn to a jello type thing????

Actually it shouldn't be a jello. It's a really a custard it means "cooked cream" although it does use gelatine.

I've never made panna cota, but reading the recipe in Dori Greenspan's new cookbook has me thinking about trying it this holiday season.

Panna cotta is not supposed to be as rubbery as jello. It should be firm enough to unmold, but still be nice and wobbly. It is texturally more like custard than like jello.