🔕 🔔

Ohio ceramic stoneware from provisions

Hi, Just getting ready to bake with my new stoneware loaf pans from Provisions (fell in love with them the minute I unwrapped them). I've rinsed them, dried them. Is there anything else I need to do before I fill them with the dough?

asked by Panfusine about 4 years ago

Hi there -- I'm so glad to hear that your stoneware loaf pans didn't disappoint! I just reached out to the merchant to double-check for you, and I'll give you the green light just as soon as I can. In the meantime, I'd love to hear what you're baking!

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

Starting out with simple Plain WHole WHeat bread, Peter Reinhart's recipe with the soaker/sponge technique

That sounds delicious! I just heard back, and your only next step would be to grease the interior well with your chosen fat (oil, butter, etc). Unglazed stoneware functions a lot like cast iron -- meaning that it develops a kind of seasoning over time. After each use you should just rinse, wipe, and re-grease as you did initially! Hope this helps, and happy baking.

Thanks so much Jason, I didn't grease the pans before I filled them with the dough , but the dough itself had quite a bit of olive oil from the bowl in which It was set in to rise, hoping that i will find its way to the walls of the pan. As of now the bread seems to be baking quite well. I'll make sure to season the pans next time onwards. Thanks again!

You're welcome -- we will keep our fingers crossed that your loaves will pop right out. Thanks again for shopping with us!

Just eased out the loaves from the pans, They popped out perfectly, Thank you so much for curating such a fabulous product!