make an un baked pie crust in advance

no freezing. can I just make the dough and roll out and store refrigerated in pie pan the day before? fill just before baking?

asked by cris almost 5 years ago

Stephanie Bourgeois
Stephanie Bourgeois

Stephanie is the Head Recipe Tester of Food52.

You can make the crust, roll it out, and line in the pan in advance. A day in advance will be fine. Just be sure to keep it in the refrigerator.

cris

Thank you, Stephanie. I appreciate your help! Happy Thanksgiving!

And also be sure to cover it well with plastic.

cris

thank you! I will

You can stack them if you need to. I line each pie plate with waxed paper and then stick the stack in a 2-gallon baggie with the air burped out. They'll keep a few days like that in the fridge.

cris

Thank you! Great idea. I don't need mine until Friday. I think I will make the crusts on Wednesday. That will make things so much easier. Thank you all for you advice! Happy Thanksgiving!