🔕 🔔

make an un baked pie crust in advance

no freezing. can I just make the dough and roll out and store refrigerated in pie pan the day before? fill just before baking?

asked by cris almost 4 years ago

82bc15be d3cf 410a 9b82 665e7b26bd26  1081
Stephanie Bourgeois

Stephanie is the Head Recipe Tester of Food52.

You can make the crust, roll it out, and line in the pan in advance. A day in advance will be fine. Just be sure to keep it in the refrigerator.

Thank you, Stephanie. I appreciate your help! Happy Thanksgiving!

And also be sure to cover it well with plastic.

thank you! I will

You can stack them if you need to. I line each pie plate with waxed paper and then stick the stack in a 2-gallon baggie with the air burped out. They'll keep a few days like that in the fridge.

Thank you! Great idea. I don't need mine until Friday. I think I will make the crusts on Wednesday. That will make things so much easier. Thank you all for you advice! Happy Thanksgiving!