🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Pork Chops and Vinegar Peppers

1e2cef58 73f4 4f4c b37e da2dcdbf400e  p3070003

I have a question about the recipe "Pork Chops and Vinegar Peppers" from mangiadenver. I notice there are great roast potatoes in that photo. When should I throw them in the pan?

asked by lisa about 4 years ago

I suspect the potatoes were done separately. They would get kind of mushy if you simmered them with the chops and peppers and liquids. Just toss some sliced potatoes with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Pre-heat oven to 375. Roast for about 40 minutes or until you can insert a knife or fork into a potato piece with no resistance.

thank you!

Pegeen, I did exactly as you suggested--roasting the potatoes separately (I used teeny white ones, halved)--and omg, delicious with the pork chops, especially the amazing juice from them. LOVE this recipe.

Lisa, glad that worked out! I can imagine the roasted potatoes tasting pretty good after soaking up the sauce. Because of you, I put this recipe on my "try" list! So thank you.

PS, Pegeen, you do not need a whole jar of vinegar cherry peppers! (Unless it's a tiny jar.)