To reheat a pumpkin pie...

...or to serve it at room temperature?Our Brasilian Thanksgiving has become a new tradition since 2 years ago when we threw a surprise lunch to a friend who used to live in NY.I fell in love with pumpkin pie,but I don't like it cold and I won't have time to bake it and get the turkey ready on thursday so I'll bake the pie the day before,but I would still like to serve it warm.Your thoughts,please.

• Posted by: mensaque
  • November 21, 2013

Voted the Best Reply!

lloreen
lloreen November 21, 2013

I always serve it room temperatures. Warm pumpkin pie is just weird to American tastes. And pumpkin pie is better when you cook it the day before, by the way, because the flavor deepens. In my family, we make the pies on Wednesday on purpose. You can leave it out on the counter covered with plastic wrap. Or, if you prefer, refrigerate overnight and then leave it out for a few hours before dinner. If you absolutely must, you can reheat it in the oven (just turn it off when you finish the turkey).

mensaque
mensaque November 21, 2013

Thanks,lloreen.I really like it better warm,so I think I'll pop it in the oven after I turn it off.Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.