can you stack the turkey legs and thighs when making confit

I need to make a large batch using the legs and thighs from three large turkeys...

asked by Big G-man over 4 years ago

Julie,Resnick

When they are cooking? Or in the fridge before

Big G-man

when they are cooking. I know that Thomas Keller states that you can do two layers of duck legs... but they are massive pieces and I not sure. I don't have enough duck fat to do two or three batches at the same time I would probably have to do one batch then another ... that is just a long day.

bigpan

It is desirable to have each piece completely surrounded by the fat.

Julie,Resnick

You can use the same fat twice. Cook the first batch and then strain the fat and wait till it cools down then cook the second batch

Big G-man

thanks for the input I was just trying to slam it in one batch. But at least I don't require sleep next week. And I will be up all night smoking the bacon I'm also making... so I might as well confit!