🔕 🔔

can you stack the turkey legs and thighs when making confit

I need to make a large batch using the legs and thighs from three large turkeys...

asked by Big G-man almost 4 years ago

5d6fd9d3 c42f 4fe2 afc0 650a81aab8d0  stringio

When they are cooking? Or in the fridge before

when they are cooking. I know that Thomas Keller states that you can do two layers of duck legs... but they are massive pieces and I not sure. I don't have enough duck fat to do two or three batches at the same time I would probably have to do one batch then another ... that is just a long day.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

It is desirable to have each piece completely surrounded by the fat.

You can use the same fat twice. Cook the first batch and then strain the fat and wait till it cools down then cook the second batch

thanks for the input I was just trying to slam it in one batch. But at least I don't require sleep next week. And I will be up all night smoking the bacon I'm also making... so I might as well confit!