Help please! I made Thomas Keller's Savory Leek Bread Pudding before, but tonight the bottom is burnt. The middle and top are okay. Can I rescue this dish for tomorrow -- maybe cut off the thin burnt bottom layer and sprinkle cheese on top when I reheat? Can this dish be saved? Thank you'!!

asked by Kugelwhack almost 8 years ago

betteirene

Follow your own advice as soon as it's cool enough to handle--don't wait until tomorrow to remove the burnt layer.

Tell me. . .did you bake it in the lower half of your oven?

Kugelwhack

Bless you. I baked it in the middle of the oven (closer to the lower half), but this time I used a glass dish instead of metal pan. Oh well . . . I appreciate your help very much!! I'll do this straight away . . . thanks!

Rivka

In the future, stick a sheet pan under your glass dish if you use it again. Helps insulate the bottom of whatever you're cooking, so it won't brown as quickly.