question about deglazing a cast iron pan--or not?

I fried up bacon, drained some of the fat and just browned chicken pieces. I poured off most of the fat but now I added mushrooms to get up that those delish brown bits---now can I add my chicken broth and cornstarch or will that wreck havoc on the seasoning I've been doing for weeks on that pan? Thanks

asked by bamcnamara over 4 years ago

Lauren Broidy

Yes! You can add chicken broth. It will not wreak havoc on your seasonings in your pan!

Lauren Broidy

I don't think OP was talking about the seasonings in the dish, but the seasoning of the pan. However, it shouldn't affect the seasoning of the pan. Just clean the pan in the usual way when the dish is finished.

klrcon

I deglaze cast iron all the time and it doesn't hurt the pan. Go for it, you should be fine.

Soap and abrasive cleaning and scrubbing are the enemies of a well-seasoned cast iron pan.