question about deglazing a cast iron pan--or not?

I fried up bacon, drained some of the fat and just browned chicken pieces. I poured off most of the fat but now I added mushrooms to get up that those delish brown bits---now can I add my chicken broth and cornstarch or will that wreck havoc on the seasoning I've been doing for weeks on that pan? Thanks

Lauren Broidy
Lauren Broidy November 25, 2013

Yes! You can add chicken broth. It will not wreak havoc on your seasonings in your pan!

Lauren Broidy
Lauren Broidy November 25, 2013

ChefJune November 25, 2013

I don't think OP was talking about the seasonings in the dish, but the seasoning of the pan. However, it shouldn't affect the seasoning of the pan. Just clean the pan in the usual way when the dish is finished.

ChefJune November 25, 2013

klrcon
klrcon November 25, 2013

I deglaze cast iron all the time and it doesn't hurt the pan. Go for it, you should be fine.

susan g November 25, 2013

Soap and abrasive cleaning and scrubbing are the enemies of a well-seasoned cast iron pan.