🔕 🔔

Hell, yes. Just split them in half. This method works best with the longer Treviso variety as opposed to the round Chioggia.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

if you have a gas stove,you could also put the rad. on a cake rack
over the flame, like blackening peppers. but then you prob alrdy know that...

Yes, sure, you can use a blow torch to char anything! ;-) I like the gas flame method. You can use a tongs to hold the wedges if you can't find a cake rack as Le Bec Fin mentions.

6cb49ef7 38b5 4eb6 aae4 04078f60ca73  how to make a custard part 1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

I'm a bigger fan of heating my cast iron skillet to as hot as I can get it without burning the house down, and searing radicchio hard in scant oil/fat. I find that a blowtorch makes food taste like gas if it spends more than a few seconds on a surface.