🔕 🔔

I love the Thai Herb Broth they serve at Wow Bao in Chicago and have tried numerous recipes, but none have the balance of sweet, sour,spicy, salty of the original. Any fans out there who have managed to recreate this tummy warming wonder?

asked by Krue over 6 years ago

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

I don't know about that particular one, but in my experience, soups from Asia (especially Thailand or Vietnam) tend to have a secret ingredient: tamarind. It lends that special sweet and sour tang to broth that nothing else can accomplish. Look for a recipe that uses it and you'll probably be on the right track.

693453b7 7e84 4b19 b610 d1ec77bbc42d  halloween

Mmm tamarind sounds great- also consider lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce, and lime juice . . .