I love the Thai Herb Broth they serve at Wow Bao in Chicago and have tried numerous recipes, but none have the balance of sweet, sour,spicy, salty of the original. Any fans out there who have managed to recreate this tummy warming wonder?

asked by Krue almost 8 years ago

beyondcelery

I don't know about that particular one, but in my experience, soups from Asia (especially Thailand or Vietnam) tend to have a secret ingredient: tamarind. It lends that special sweet and sour tang to broth that nothing else can accomplish. Look for a recipe that uses it and you'll probably be on the right track.

iuzzini

Mmm tamarind sounds great- also consider lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce, and lime juice . . .