Coconut oil substitute

Recently i've been getting into more home baking, making things i'd normally by at the store. However i've come across the fact that a lot of the recipes i use call for the use of coconut oil. The snag is i'm allergic to coconut, in all it's forms. A strange allergy i know but it's sadly true. I was hoping i could be pointed to something else i could use! Thank you!!

SeaJambon
SeaJambon December 26, 2013

Coconut oil is frequently used as a substitute for butter or margarine (typically by folks who either have a dairy allergy or are vegan). If neither of those are also concerns, use butter or margarine as your substitute. If they are also concerns, let us know the recipe. In many cases you can use a light vegetable oil, but the quantity will need adjustment.

SeaJambon
SeaJambon December 26, 2013