🔕 🔔

I have been cooking regularly from the two Ottolenghi cookbooks which employ metric measurement and I need advice about purchasing a new scale (preferably digital) to precisely measure both small and large quantities of ingredients. I would deeply appreciate advice regarding this purchase.

asked by Incognito almost 7 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Cooks Illustrated recommends several digital scales. These are at the top of the list, and both measure in 1 gram increments.
http://www.oxo.com/p-501...
http://www.polder.com/ksc...

Salter makes good flat scales that tare acturately. Also there is a button on the bottom where you can switch measurments from ounces to grams according to your preference (metric being best).

4fa8f6fd a181 41aa b4e7 be25efd9ec07  100 0039

I have the Salter 1010 model. Its very easy to use, but the digital display is hard to read unless you're in a really bright area - the display is pretty dark. .