🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Spatchcocked and Braise-Roasted Chicken

620cea7d f427 4646 873d 8b051e9405a3  112910f 209

I have a question about the recipe "Spatchcocked and Braise-Roasted Chicken" from Amanda Hesser. What is the pan you are using to brown the chicken in made of (slide# 10)? It looks like a ceramic gratin pan and I didn't think you could use one on a flame.?

asked by Gleaner almost 4 years ago

I think it's a Le Creuset oval gratin dish. It's enamelled cast iron and not ceramic- hence it is flame proof.

Not sure it's the exact same one but I think it's like this one here:
http://www.williams-sonoma...-

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

and you are correct; you cannot put a ceramic dish on a flame.

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Hi Gleaner, Veronica is right -- it's an enameled cast iron Le Creuset casserole dish. I love it because you can use it both stovetop and in the oven, and it cooks really well. I've had it for nearly 20 years!