🔕 🔔

How do I know my recipe is entered in a contest? I don't see it yet.

I entered a recipe to this week's contest (one-pot meals) but don't see it listed in the contest yet and can't find any way to add it.
I'm a newbie ... first time entering a recipe or contest :)

asked by Superyalda almost 4 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Email the editors, [email protected] The same thing happened to me I just tried again but it's not showing up. Do let the editors know by email that you too are having this problem.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

yalda, did you click the 'one pot meal contest' option in the window at the bottom of your recipe page? and did you include a photo, on the second page? if you do not have a photo, you still have to go to the second page for the final click that will send the recipe.

C8f1939e 554c 45d7 a628 333761f558df  image

Yes, I did all that. I can see the recipe. Apparently, so can others. Its just not in the contest even though I tried to enter it numerous times.
I entered a picture, too.

http://food52.com/recipes...
So why isn't it in the contest?

And there is no contest option in the window at the bottom of my recipe page. Where exactly should it be?
The FB/twitter/pinterest icons don't work either on my recipe, although they do work on the icons at the bottom of the page for food52.
Does it need to be approved first? If so, how long does that take?

no, it does not need to be approved to be entered in the contest.
The Contest window is not on your recipe page. It only appears after you click Edit on your recipe page. Try this: go to your recipe. Above it on the left should be an Edit option. Click that and scroll down below the recipe where there should be a thin horizontal window which you can click to choose
Active Contest or One Pot Meal. The window is just above the "I promise this recipe is original......". You click on One Pot Meal, in this case, and then click Publish. And then you go back to the top left and click on Add Photos (even if you don't have a photo, like me most of the time)and then click on that page to finalize the submission. If this doesn't work, write to the editors right away, before the contest closes.

p.s. shakshuka is a very popular dish on 52. If you use it in a Search you can see the other recipes for it on 52. Your recipe looks delicious.

YES! I'm in :) Thank you soo much for adding that one little detail like you need to be in edit mode! aha!
I browsed the recipes and found several shakshuka recipes. They all look good. How can you go wrong with eggs and tomatoes? :) I even have an Italian cookbook with a recipe for "uovi en purgatorio," which cracks me up. Maybe I'll play with that one and add it next time, just to stand out.
Again, thanks so much!

"Eggs in Purgatory" originated in Naples which was the heart of the tomato industry in Italy. Shakshuka is a more modern interpretation of the original which most likely traveled from Italy to Libya and on to Israel. The tomato is a New World fruit which came back to Spain with Colombus. From Spain it made it to Italy, bypassing France for quite a long time.

Yay, yalda! Welcome to 52!

Ah, I actually mention that in my chef comments in the recipe ... it's called Tripoli Tel Aviv Shakshuka :) I think I've learned more about history by cooking than by attending school! Thanks for the info. I love that stuff.

8bbce907 3b5e 4c8c be5c c64e6c780d63  birthday 2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Pierino, you totally crack me up.