Favorite brunch recipes

What are your favorites? Bonus of they can be made ahead.

• Posted by: ATG117
  • January 15, 2014

Regine
Regine January 15, 2014

Check Bloody Sunrise Grits Casserole in Food52. It is delicious, easy to make; and presents well. I make it all the time.

Regine
Regine January 15, 2014

It is also even better made ahead because it cuts nicely. Put toppings (cherry tomatoes and pignoli nuts) when reheating.

StayAtStoveDad
StayAtStoveDad January 15, 2014
aobenour
aobenour January 15, 2014

Strada - I make one with potatoes and fontina and another with spinach and feta. Both are assembled the night before and baked in the morning. I also like waffles - which can be made ahead, frozen, and toasted in the morning - green salad and fruit, and biscuit cinnamon rolls.

Summer of Eggplant
Summer of Eggplant January 15, 2014

Strada is always a hit. While not a recipe - bagels with smoked salmon and all the accouterments usually show up at our house with a bloody Mary and mimosa bar. I also typically serve blanched asparagus with a green goddess dip and a fruit salad that isn't your usual grapes and and melon - think blackberries, kiwi, mango, star fruit and orange zest. I also put out muffins and sticky rolls. I know a girlfriend of mine will usually roll out a room temp beef tenderloin with horseradish whipped cream at her brunches - a huge hit. My thought on brunch is it should be easy, something for everyone and most of it made the day before so you just have to unwrap a few things and enjoy.

LE BEC FIN
LE BEC FIN January 16, 2014

The first question i ask is- will people all have seats or will they be perching on stairs and sofa arms etc? = Fork food or fork and knife food? And would you prefer it to be mostly hot or rooom temp? And how many guests?