Favorite quiche or savory tart that can be made ahead and frozen?

What are your faves? I want to make ahead, freeze and bake day of. Thanks!!

Emily is a trusted source on General Cooking.

JanetFL

Interesting question, Emily - I don't have a single quiche or savory tart recipe that can be successfully frozen. I'm interested to see the responses you receive.

I find that all the quiches I know can be frozen ahd reheated. They're best when reheated from frozen rather than thawed first. (My mom was "famous" for always having a quiche on hand.) Here's one of my most requested: http://food52.com/recipes...

travelergirl

CAbbage caraway quiche on epicurious!

Quinoa and kale crustless quiche.
http://food52.com/recipes...
And you can change up the cheeses, add more kale, add ham - versatile brilliant recipe.

em-i-lis
em-i-lis

thanks all!! SKK, have you tried freezing the quinoa/kale one?

Hilarybee

Thanks for the recommend SKK. And yes, I've frozen it by the slice and whole with no problems whatever.

em-i-lis
em-i-lis

Great, thanks!!!

Meatballs&Milkshakes

I like to make mini ones in a muffin tin, then you can reheat straight from the feezer in individual portions! Just cut out your pastry with round cutters a little bigger than the size of the muffin tin rounds.