A question about a recipe: Cultured Coconut Milk Cornbread

2fd73f51 ee1b 4cec bf3e 0080c9207125  7586540892 de6d3ebc2c o

I have a question about the recipe "Cultured Coconut Milk Cornbread" from Beth Kirby | {local milk}. Can I use regular canned coconut milk mixed with some apple cider vinegar instead of the cultured coconut milk?

asked by Katie Z. almost 5 years ago

LE BEC FIN

katie, i think that would work in recreating the coconut flavor and the tang of buttermilk . i guess we both know that you can use regular milk and vinegar to approximate buttermilk (but i am wondering if cider vinegar, which is less acid than white vinegar, wiould not work as well as white vinegar.)I don't THINK the thinness of your idea would be a drawback but if someone says it would, then i would recommend sub'ing plain yoghurt, sour cream or regular buttermilk.
http://food52.com/recipes...

LE BEC FIN

katie, the recipe creator may not look at the hotline but you could email her via her member profile pg and she will likely rcve that.

Katie Z.

Thanks, for the head's up, Le Bec Fin! I'll try that :)