Any different recipes for Superbowl

Any different recipes for Superbowl

asked by Nan almost 5 years ago

Different from what? What's your usual offerings. I'm planning my appetizer/snack dinner today. Two things will be that buffalo chicken dip (with my own cooked chicken breasts) and buffalo cheese popcorn. We're a buffalo chicken lovin' family on Super Bowl but always add something different. Thinking pork and chicken dumplings. A smorgasbord of mix and match, various ethnicities with no rhyme or reason.

Just added Tempura battered Dill Pickles with Siracha-Ranch dipping sauce and Boursin-like cheese stuffed sweet red Peppers

petitbleu

This year, we're doing Cincinnati Chili and cheese coneys--Cincinnati chili is basically a very meaty (no beans) chili with allspice, clove, cinnamon, red pepper, cumin, and unsweetened chocolate. It is often served over pasta or on hot dogs with grated cheddar and chopped onion (kidney beans are optional but traditional).

Sewassbe

Last summer I made an amazing chip dip that is actually pretty healthy. Just blend a couple of very ripe avocados, half a white onion, some plain yogurt, a little lemon or lime juice, and salt for a delicious chip dip. It's fantastic with potato chips and is much healthier for you than say, french onion dip.

For Christmas I made lard-roasted potato bites with sour cream malt vinegar sauce with green onions. They were DIVINE, but they don't hold well, so they're best fresh out of the oven.

I have to admit I have zero interest in the Super Bowl---any sporting event which requires all day to complete, especially in a frozen NJ stadium I'm not going to bother with.
However, I do enjoy the Winter Classic in hockey. The first one this year was played in Ann Arbor outdoors between the Red Wings and the Maple Leafs. Coming up next Rangers vs. Islanders at Yankee Stadium. Anyway here's something to take the frost bite off. http://food52.com/recipes...