The pie emoji is coming! Hear how we helped change history. »
🔕 🔔

I have a game mix, a slow cooker, and a wife with an alcohol allergy...any ideas for a winter warmer casserole/stew?

asked by @tm9563 over 6 years ago
E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I make chili with elk - substitute the ground elk for your game, leave out the beer and add more stock, and away you go!

401c5804 f611 451f a157 c693981d8eef  mad cow deux

Sounds like the perfect "cacciatore" to me. Cacciatore mean's whatever the hunter bagged. No alcohol necessary. Cut your meats into small pieces, chop up some good mushrooms (porcini if you have them hanging around), onion, carrot, tomato, possibly green pepper, bay leaf, a complementary herb like thyme. Brown the meat in the pan you are going to cook the cacciatore along with the onions and carrots. Season all with salt and pepper. Add the other ingredients along with just about any kind of stock and SIMMER slowly for an hour or so.