🔕 🔔

Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake Recipe Needed.

My Dad loved the chocolate mayonnaise cake that his mom made. She topped it with a brown sugar icing. Unfortunately, the recipe was lost after she died. Anyone have an old family recipe?

asked by taleesha over 3 years ago

The recipe on Epicurious looks like the cake I remember. It's at http://www.epicurious.com...

Personally, I preferred the chocolate sauerkraut cake, but I think your Dad's lucky to have a daughter who tries to find a recipe for one of his old favorites.

E0cc9d5c 6544 49fb b0e4 5c150d9ac0f7  imag0055

There's a good one in Marian Cunningham's "Fannie Farmer Baking Book," and Rose Levy Beranbaum has one in her "Cake Bible."