A question about a recipe: Pasta e Fagioli

I have a question about the recipe "Pasta e Fagioli" from QueenOfGreen. If I'm making this ahead of time for a crowd, would it be okay to make it several hours ahead of time, and then gently heat it right before serving? would the noodles be too soft and gummy? thank you!

• Posted by: Skydo
  • February 6, 2014
Ee1c882d 7e45 4a63 8822 703aed27e554  pasta e fagioli
Recipe question for: Pasta e Fagioli

Chef Jason Lee
Chef Jason Lee February 6, 2014

Make the soup ahead of time and add your pasta about 20 min before guests arrive. This will make sure the pasta does not overcook before you serve the dish.

Chef Jason Lee
Chef Jason Lee February 6, 2014

Also watch the holding temp closely too hot and the pasta will deteriorate faster

Jessica
Jessica February 6, 2014

The tomatoes are the key: the longer you can keep them at the holding temperature or hotter, the better it will taste...but, I agree, don't add the pasta till just in time to get it done before serving.

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks February 9, 2014

The pasta drinks up all the water in the soup if you make it ahead of time and gets soft and the soup becomes a dry sopa. Everything else in the soup improves with time, I think.