help! did I mess up my coco cream pie?

I was making coconut cream pie from this recipe: http://www.joyofbaking...
an I messed up the recipe a bit. you are supposed to scald the whole milk and coconut milk together, but I messed up and only used the coconut milk. I have a 1/4 cup of regular milk in the pie, but have completed the filling and have it on the counter right now. have not put into the pie shell. is there any way to fix this, am I screwed, or can I use the filling as is? please help! in is 9:30 and I need the pie done by 8:00 tomorrow morning. the filling seems to be a little thick but other then that ok. is there a way I can scald the milk separately ad add it?

asked by winston over 4 years ago

ATG117

Agree that if it looks and tastes okay, if use it as is and not risking making a bigger mess. Alternatively, you could try and beat some of the milk into it, but again, I'd leave it alone if it's fine!

ATG117

I'd** not if. Risk** not risking