help! did I mess up my coco cream pie?

I was making coconut cream pie from this recipe: http://www.joyofbaking.com/CoconutCreamPieRecipe.html
an I messed up the recipe a bit. you are supposed to scald the whole milk and coconut milk together, but I messed up and only used the coconut milk. I have a 1/4 cup of regular milk in the pie, but have completed the filling and have it on the counter right now. have not put into the pie shell. is there any way to fix this, am I screwed, or can I use the filling as is? please help! in is 9:30 and I need the pie done by 8:00 tomorrow morning. the filling seems to be a little thick but other then that ok. is there a way I can scald the milk separately ad add it?

• Posted by: winston
  • February 23, 2014

Voted the Best Reply!

Fabiola
Fabiola February 23, 2014

If the cream looks fine to you, i would used it. If it was messed up, i think you could tell by the consistency of the cream.
I so many times substitute regular milk for coconut milk in recipes.

ATG117
ATG117 February 23, 2014

Agree that if it looks and tastes okay, if use it as is and not risking making a bigger mess. Alternatively, you could try and beat some of the milk into it, but again, I'd leave it alone if it's fine!

ATG117
ATG117 February 23, 2014

I'd** not if. Risk** not risking