I have an old cookie recipe which uses half crisco and half butter as the shortening.

In an effort to maintain crispness and taste, but make the cookie a bit more healthy can I leave out the crisco and use all butter?

asked by see about 4 years ago

Bunnee Butterfield

I just made an old cookie recipe of my mother's, subbing butter for the Crisco. The all-butter cookies tasted great, but they were very thin and spread much farther than I had anticipated. I liked the flavor, but they were less cookie-like in appearance and texture.

Stephanie G

You could also try Spectrum for the shortening part.

spiffypaws

Crisco also has a non-trans fat version now. I've also subbed coc oil for the crisco in recipes.

dymnyno

It does make a difference. I have an English Toffee of my mother's that uses half butter and half crisco/margerine and I have used all butter, but the half/half works best.