I've got some supermarket-grade chunked pork shoulder. How should I prepare it?

asked by @dlifson almost 8 years ago

This pork shoulder recipe is SO good. http://bit.ly/hG2GXi

nutcakes

I think I made this with pork shoulder before, you might have to skim the fat.
http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/Pork-and-Tomatillo-Stew/29065/

halfasiangirl

I love carnitas. Homesick Texan has a great method; she cooks the pork in orange juice and water until the liquid evaporates, the pork is tender and most of the fat renders. She doesn't do this, but I like to shred it and crisp it under the broiler. You are left with succulent, rich, very porky carnitas. All you need are tortillas, tomatillo salsa, chopped cilantro and chopped raw onion.
Http://homesicktexan.blogspot.com/2008/07/carnitas-houston-style.html

vvvanessa

i love making carnitas for enchiladas, tacos, or a breakfast sandwich along with a fried egg and cheese on an english muffin. also, i like to braise it with soy sauce, water, white wine, ginger, garlic, white pepper, and a touch of rice vinegar. when it's done, i'll throw in some mung bean/transparent/glass noodles and serve it all with a drizzle of roasted sesame oil, green onions, and cilantro.