🔕 🔔

I have a pork shoulder in the oven that needs another hour to finish cooking. Can I stop cooking now, refrigerate it and finish cooking tomorrow?

I've just got news and I absolutely need to leave my house (and stove unattended) for the next 2 - 3 hours.
Can I turn down the heat to 200 degrees and slowly cook it for that time?
Can I take it out of the oven and put it in the fridge so that I can finish it tomorrow for dinner?
Is my pork shoulder a total loss?! Any recommendations appreciated !

asked by hungrymarquise 10 months ago

It's a bit late for any useful advice, but you really should have stayed for that last hour. Interrupted cooking, I find, tends to leave one with dry meat.