A question about a recipe: Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies

D0130c7d e57a 43e5 bc9c 59b1477becc1  best cocoa brownies genius desserts 213 1

I have a question about the recipe "Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies" from Genius Recipes. Has anyone tried these with some chili powder or cayenne and if so how much would you use?

asked by GennyG over 4 years ago

former Community Editor

Just in case anyone else was curious about this, I wanted to share that Jillian Bernardini weighed in on this question over in the recipe comments and said: "When I used about a teaspoon and a half for Dorie Greenspan's cocoa shortbread cookies, I could taste the aftermath of the heat. in a good way though!"

LE BEC FIN

genny, yes and yes. i have also used espresso powder and medium coarsely ground black pepper. Measurements of cayenne/chili powder? 1/2 tsp ,mix,taste; repeat til you like it.I let the batter ripen for a day on the counter, taste and adjust before putting in the pan and baking.

Julie

I like to add chipotle powder and cinnamon to brownies. For this recipe, maybe 1/2-3/4 tsp chipotle and 1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon?

GennyG

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate it!I love a little spice in my brownies and other chocolate stuff. :) Although, I made these after I posted the question and these were wonderful!!!